IAF doesn’t count number of dead, govt will give casualty figures for Pak. terror camp attack: Air Force Chief Dhanoa

The Indian Air Force Chief says Rafale jet should come into India’s inventory by September 2019.
The Indian Air Force

The Indian Air Force (IAF) does not count the number of dead and the casualty figure of the air strike on a terror camp in Balakot, Pakistan, on February 26 would be given out by the government, Air Chief Marshal B.S. Dhanoa said in Coimbatore on Monday.
The death toll depended on the number of people present at the target, he said at a press conference.
The Rafale jet should come into India’s inventory by September, the Air Force Chief said in his first comments since the attack on the terror camp run by Jaish-e-Mohammed.
''When an adversary attacks you, every aircraft is used.'' The MiG 21 jet used in the dogfight with Pakistan was an upgraded aircraft with an advanced weapons system, he said.
Referring to Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, who was captured by Pakistan on February 27 and released on March 1, he said he can’t comment on politics but was happy the officer was back home.
“We don’t take chances with the medical fitness of a pilot.” Wg. Cmdr Varthaman would fly a fighter jet if he was fit. All required treatment would be given to him, he said.
The Air Force, he said, had to get its act together and find out what caused the mid-air crash of two planes ahead of the opening of the Bengaluru air show on February 19 and a helicopter crash in Kashmir last week.
Previous
Next Post »